Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Not So Free

I guess I won't miss my PT lady that much.  I'll be seeing her again soon as it turns out.  While I've been absent from the blog, up in Jersey and the Boston area visiting family, my shoulder has begun to ache.  And at night it feels like I just had surgery the day before, without meds.  Awesome.

So today, I went to see the doc again.  He confirmed what I suspected.  The clavicle bone that popped up is rubbing on my shoulder bone.  Ouch!  This was the one issue, other than the cosmetic bump, that could happen.

Am I upset?  Not really.  At least it's still 2010.  If this pain had started next year, I would totally freak out.  In this case, I'm trying to look on the bright side.  At least I can have it fixed now and not have it cost thousands of dollars more since we've met that out of pocket max.

My poor husband will have to go back to working from home and taking care of me and the toddler.  Fun, fun.

I promise to be good, wear my sling, and be extra careful with my shoulder.

The doc has his work cut out for him.  He's going to try to go in through the scope again, disassemble the device in my shoulder, carve out all the scar tissue, and try to rebuild the device, with new parts of course.  If that doesn't work, he'll cut a 6 inch hole in my shoulder, cut through my deltoid muscle (which will never be the same), saw off the tip of my clavicle, and then tie a tendon graft around the two bones.

And you know what....I'm still bike shopping!  No, not really.  But I've already figured that I should be able to ride again March 1rst.  Lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. Layla,

    So sorry to hear your shoulder is acting up again and you need surgery. On the good side, at least they were able to determine what the problem is. I hope things go well with the procedure. Here's hoping March 1st comes quick.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete