Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fisher Farm Race

My Trek Mountain Co-op teammate Jon Naylor was kind enough to drive us all the way up to Davidson for tonight's race.  It seems like I only make it up to Fisher Farm once a year, and always for a race.  It's a fun little course that I really do enjoy.  I took a little pressure out of my tires and the bike seemed to float over the rooty sections, which is about 80% of the trail.  It's a great power course, where you can stand up and hammer through the whole thing. 

We start up a crazy steep grassy hill and I got into the woods 2nd to last.  I'm not a fast starter, especially up hills.  But I did pass over 15 guys in the three laps we rode.  Unfortunately not many were in my class.  Even so, I ended up 6th out of 10.  And did I mention it was almost 100 degrees.  Summer in Charlotte, gotta love it.  Oh wait, it's not actually summer yet....so it will get hotter...

No comments:

Post a Comment