Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two Extra Gears

Yes, that's what the new wheels feel like to me.  I raced Reni last night and came in 5th in the Sport Men's class.  And honestly I got a bad start (new shoes, new pedals, new clips...duh!)  Plus there was a train of slow big guys that didn't let me pass for almost 15 minutes.  And of course let's not forget the guy that crashed right in front of me just minutes before the end of the race.  Wow, I've really gone off on a tangent here.  What I meant to say is I really lost a lot of time and came in 5th.

The wheels felt great.  Obviously the lighter weight means faster climbing, easier starting, and better rolling.  And for me, at about 110 pounds these days, the were stiff and strong enough.  I am so happy with my choice.  Thanks Stan's!

But you know the best part....hubby got my old wheels.  They are Bontragger RXL which are pretty good.  And they were already set up tubeless with a beefy tire in the front and a race tire in the back.  So for him, on his GF X-Cal, my old wheels were a huge upgrade and his first feel of tubeless.  And he loves them!  Kid in a candy store loves them.  And that is the greatest feeling for me.  Win win, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment