Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dropping Weight

My little surprise finally arrived...new wheels.  Really new, I mean not just new to me, but newly released.  They're Stan's NoTubes ZTR 29erRace Gold Wheels with Ti Hubs.


They are scary light, rated for riders less than 170 pounds, and use for race day only.  Geeze that is so not me.  I don't even know how to change a tire, let along a set of wheels.  Since I'm only 115 pounds on a heavy day and most days closer to 110, I'm using these awesome 1345 gram wheels to lighten my bike.

I also upgraded my pedals to Crank Brothers Egg Beaters Ti 11.  Pretty huh?


Then I swapped out my seat post from a carbon RXL to a carbon XXX.

And.... drum roll please...

My bike went from 23 pound to 20 pounds and 4 ounces.

Obviously my bike it so much lighter.  The wheels feel great so far.   But what I find most amazing is that I can climb hills in two higher gears than before.  And that, I think, equals speed. 

I can't wait to test them out at the Summer Series Race at Reni tomorrow night.


1 comment:

  1. Какие страсти,какая сила и сколько счастья...
    Как ты стала настолько сильной моя девочка?
    love,mama

    ReplyDelete