Saturday, March 19, 2011

Training Plan....Achoo!

I've always said that I'm allergic to training.  I ride at one pace, fast and faster, during races.  And I throw in a run here and there when I can't ride.  That's it. 

Before I never had goals.  I just wanted to ride and race and have fun.  Not that much has change, but the little modifications are making me think about training.  I have so many goals now and they seem to be contradictory sometimes.

1.  Race again
2.  Get back into shape
3.  Lose weight
4.  Build back muscle in my arms and shoulders
5.  Get faster
6.  Build back up to endurance events
7.  Do a few Xterra races this year

This seems totally manageable.  I'm just not sure where to start.  I heard a few girls talking about recovery rides for Monday after last week's race.  Okay that sounds good.  So Monday night I took a spin class and did arms and shoulders.  My legs and upper body where both tired.

Tuesday I rode for about an hour and 45 minuted outside.  That was fun.

Wednesday another spin class and weights.  Really tired.

Thursday I did an eight mile run in the morning and rode for a little over an hour that evening.  Felt great.

Friday I took a day off, just because I ran out of time.

Today I pre-rode for the race, so about an hour and a half.  Felt slow, but had fun.

And tomorrow I will race for about two hours.

It all sounds good, but am I making any progress?  Am I getting faster?  Is my shoulder stronger?  Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment