Sunday, May 22, 2011

Riverfront Classic

Today I raced.  Yah!  It was fun, I mean really joyful.  I wish I could say I was at a 110%.  I wish I could say I gave it my all.  I wish I could say it felt great.  But really, it was just fun.  And that is enough.


My monthly visitor came, and that combined with my lack of riding this month, did not make for a strong race.  Our 19 miles took me almost two hours.  And just 20 minutes in my legs were done.  I did pass one girl in our field of five.  But honestly she was having a bad day.  So even though I got fourth, it was a small victory. 

But hey, I did race at Catawba again, and had almost no issues with the drop where I broke my shoulder.  Almost....on the second lap, there were three guys behind me as we rode the rocky climb to the drop.  And just as we were cresting the hill, the guy right behind me rubbed my tire.  My first instinct was to jump off my bike and punch him.  Instead I very stearnly said, 'do not crash into me.'  Then I rode down the drop and my anger carried me away for a few minutes and I dropped them.  Nice.  Isn't it funny that I can have that 'how dare you' attitude and expect everyone to know who I am and what happened there?!?!  My helmet barely fits!

Anway, despite the dry hot weather we've had the course was a bit wet and slippery in some spots.  I had one good crash, on my left side, and two other small ones.  It was good to crash again, get up and keep riding.  I know that sounds strange, but it's almost like I'm normal again.  Ill take fourth and normal.


Next week I will not get a chance to ride.  But I've already planned my runs for at least three nights.  And then the BURN next weekend.  Yippie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment