Saturday, May 21, 2011

Where have I been???

First, where have I been?  Working, not riding, and sadly not racing.  There's been a break in the Southern Classic races on Sundays and because of work I have even been missing the Wednesday night races.  It sucks right now.  On the bright side, I can afford cool new bike stuff for a bike that stays clean in the garage.  Okay, it's hard to keep it bright for an entire sentence.

The job is still new and I will get to know my territory better and be in greater control of my schedule in soon.  In the meantime, that surprise secret is still in the works, and I've got some races coming up....

Tomorrow the Southern Classic race is at Catawba / the US National White Water Center.  It called the River Front Classic and is a fund raiser for the Tarheel Trailblazers, a great cause!  It will be my first time racing at Catawba since breaking my shoulder there last August.  And yes, the course does include that silly drop where I fell.  But I have no issues with it now.  I look forward to racing tomorrow, except for the fact that I haven't been riding at all and will be sucking wind tomorrow.  But again DFL is better than not racing!

And then, next weekend is the BURN 24 Hour Challenge.  I am on the Dirt Divas team with four other girls.  I'm so excited.  I promise I will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment