Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to the Scene

Of the crime?  No, of the accident.  Sunday afternoon I headed out to the Whitewater Center to do a few laps and face the little drop that caused such huge damage to my body.

And how was it?  CLOSED!!!  Apparently that section of trail has been closed for months.  Hmm.  I've been off the bike for months.  Weird.

Anyway, I had a good ride.  Definitely got a shot of the reality of how weak and out of shape I am.  On Friday I rode for just over one hour, on Saturday I rode for just over two hours, and on Sunday I rode for just over three hours.  And my legs / quads were burning, a good burn of course.  Maybe three days of riding in a row after taking almost three months off wasn't such a good idea.  Huh?

So I didn't get to face that little fateful spot, but I did get to ride with a great group of friends that held my hand the entire way.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment