Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Go Ahead

That's what the doc said.  Just go ahead and ride.  Like he's sick of saying no already.

I went to see him today cuz the little device that he implanted popped up when the bone popped up again.  I was hoping it would settle down, but it hasn't.  It's like a small pin that sticks up under my skin and irritates me to no end.  Late in the day it feels like it's burning.  I showed it to the doc and he said he can't remove it yet because it's not totally healed and won't be for six month.  In December he can do an in office procedure to cut me open and shave it down....fun, fun!

I told him I was still leaning towards having surgery again in December anyway.  He said he thinks I'll be fine and doesn't recommend it.  To sway me to his side, he said go ahead and ride and really test my shoulder for the next few weeks and come back and see him on December 1rst and make a decision.

Okay, sounds good.  Now of course it's raining...and we don't ride wet trails in Charlotte.  Oh and I don't have a bike.  I better get busy.  The trails will dry out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment