Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dirt Divas Year End Party

Our year end party is held at Anne Springs Close Greenway.  The trail there is almost 10 miles long and has some good climbing and fun downhills.  I rode with the advanced group as a sweep.  And boy did I sweep.  We did one lap in each direction and my legs burned.  My lungs were suffering too, but not as much as my quads.

It was a great ride.  I was definitely spent by the end after over two hours of riding.  I messed up on a couple things, but no falls or crashes.  And the borrowed 10 ton hardtail did it's job.

The party was a great success, and hubby and kid came out to enjoy the food and festivities.  As a city, Charlotte has two great attributes.  One, it has 10 local mountain bike trails in and around the city.  Two, it has a huge community of mountain bikers, with both a men's and women's club.

Tomorrow I plan to pick a full suspension Trek EX-8 from a co-worker at the Trek Store and re-visit the Whitewater Center where I had my accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment