Friday, November 5, 2010

Drum Roll Please

I can ride!  I am not only cleared to ride by the doc, but my shoulder works.  And get this, I didn't have some pain, or just a little pain.  I have no pain at all.  I mean none, ZERO!  That's crazy to me.

Today I rode two 5.5ish mile laps at Francis Beatty Park.  I had planned on trying a smooth course my first ride back.  But time in the day ran out and I had to ride local.  So I ended up at the rooty-est, most detested course in Charlotte.  It's where I learned to ride and love the roots, so what the heck.

And how was it?  Totally fine.  No pain, no odd feeling.  I was a little scared, a little nervous.  But is was no big deal.  No pain at all, really.  I type it here and I've said it so many times out loud and yet it's still so hard to believe.

I took it a little easy on my first lap and then chased some guys on my second lap.  I know, I'm dumb, but old habits die hard.

So I guess I'm okay.  I mean my shoulder is okay.  I can pick up my kid, I can ride my bike.  What else is there, right?

Tomorrow is the Dirt Diva / Tarheel Trailblazer Year End Party and I will get a chance to ride a long course with some good climbs and real descents in a group setting.  We'll see how that goes.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment