Monday, November 15, 2010

What's Strange?

You know what's strange?  After a week or so of riding my shoulder is sore.  Not so strange huh?  It doesn't hurt while I ride, just the next morning and next day and next night.  And while I've been away from the gym, enjoying the trails, I've been neglecting my shoulder exercises and weight lifting.

Yesterday afternoon my shoulder was killing me.  So I decided not to ride and instead went to the gym and took a spin class.  After class, I spent almost an hour doing my shoulder exercises and lifting weights.  I increased all my weights and even added bench press.  How does my shoulder feel today?  Fantastcic!  In fact even last night, right after the gym, it felt great.

So even though I'm happy to be riding again, I'm going to need to dedicate at least four or five days a week to weight lifting.  I think it's time to buy some dumb bells.  Ooh, xmas wish list...

No comments:

Post a Comment