Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Mean & I Figured It Out

Ever since my accident, it's been dry, cool, perfect riding weather.  I hate it, I'm jealous, I admit it.  But after a month of this little drought, it's been raining in Charlotte for the past two days.  My grass is happy, my bushes are smiling, my trees are in a great mood.  And me, I'm really loving it too.  Why?  Cuz no one else can ride either!  I know, that's mean, sorry.  But it makes me feel better.

And I think I figured out the weird gym thing.  There's a lady next to me tonight doing these funky abductor excercises.  And it hit me.  She's working on her abs for her abs, just her abs.  Nothing else.  When I mountain bike, I work on every single part of my body without thinking about any one of them for even a second.  I focus on the thrill, the burn, the pure joy.  There's no joy in crunches.

Anyway, the gym is good for me now and I really appreciate being able to do something, but I am so ready to get back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment