Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finally

Today at PT, I rode a stationary bike with my hands.  Ooh, I know you're jealous and yes I did feel like I was 104 years old.  But you know, it also felt kind-of good.  I arm pedaled backwards and forwards for 10 minutes and got a good work-out, for my shoulder.  Then I finally got to do some new exercises, but only cuz I saw another lady recovering from shoulder surgery a month ahead of me doing them last week.  So I showed the PT lady I could do those and she actually let me.  Yippee.  After this session, I was a little sore, I was in pain, and it felt good.

After PT, I went to the gym and rode the step mill at level 150 until I had to stop.  I felt even better.

Later as I was walking out of preschool with the baby, I turned back because the teacher was saying something and walked my shoulder right into the corner of the wall, hard.  It knocked the wind out of me, and I actually had to feel my shoulder with my hand to make sure the bone hadn't popped out of place.

All is well.  But it sure did scare me.  My clumsiness may bite me in the but here.  I just need to make it to 12 weeks post op for all the 'stuff' to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment