Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome to Hammer and Psychle

If you're looking for great writing and witty thoughts, you've come to the wrong place.  You'd think after almost three years of blogging, you know the usual baby blog for the grandparents, that I'd learned to write.  Well, sorry.  No such luck.

Who am I and why the heck should you read my blog.  Well, I'm a mountain biker, I'm a Mom, and I'm a wife.  The why part still eludes me, but hey, random people read about my kid, so why not my cycling.

And let's get the cycling thing straight from the start.  I mountain bike, I do not own a road bike and have no intentions of playing in traffic anytime soon.

As it turns out, mountain biking is dangerous enough for me.  I lay here in bed, right arm in a sling from shoulder surgery last Thursday to repair all the torn ligaments from a fall 1.5 miles into a 50 mile bike race on August 28th.

Oh, and I officially own no bikes.  I sold my custom Ti Willets hardtail and my Trek Top Fuel 9.9SSL to pay for my shoulder surgery.  So unless you count the 4 year old Redline that's rusting in the garage, I am bikeless.

Hammer and What???  I was born in Russia in January of 1973 and emigrated with my Mom to Redondo Beach, CA in November of 1975.  Get it?

My plan for the blog is to share the mountain biking aspect of the my life.  In the next few weeks, I'll be updating my shoulder recovery and filling in the details of my cycling history.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment