Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just Go Faster

Today I was asked to write a short cycling bio that included some advice.  So what did I write?  Just go faster.  It's the first thing that came to my mind.  But then after I hit send, I thought about it...  Do I still believe it?  Can I still live by it, ride by it?

I remember when I was first learning to ride, hubby told me everything gets easier with speed.  And it turns out it was true, so true.

But when I get back on the bike in a few months, will I have the confidence to speed through the roots, rocks, bumps, jumps.  I feel hesitant already.  To be honest, the longer I'm off the bike, the more leery I get about getting back on.  Will I ever get back to 100%, or 110% like in a race?

The whole six months off the bike that the doc told me about on Tuesday is really sinking in.  Although I can't imagine I'll really have to take that much time off.  PT is going well.  In a week and a half I had all my range of motion back (which was supposed to take 4 weeks).  So the next two and a half weeks are just going through the motions until I can start strengthening the joint and muscles.

I may fast forward through rehab, but I'll have to remember my own advice when I get back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment