Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling Almost Normal

My shoulder is getting better.  I didn't go back to see the PT like I was told.  I'm too cheap.  But I have really worked on my exercises and have definitely increased my ROM.  In fact, I feel pretty normal.  I still try not to use my right arm for much, but even as I sit here and type with two hands, my arm is elevated and it feels fine.  This may sound silly, but it's awesome.

In about a week I get to start strength training.  I will even try putting some weight on my right arm in spin class.  Doing one class one-handed is tough.  During this week of doubles, my left elbow was really sore about half way through the second class.

I was able to keep up the long workouts all week.  Friday, I only did 75 minutes.  I plan to do doubles again on Monday.  So four days a week I will work out for 2-3 hours per day and three days a week, I will work out for 1-1.5 hours per day.  At least that's my goal.  When I add in strength training I guess my cardio time will decrease.  We'll see. 

So far all these extra hours at the gym have made me feel great.  So I only look forward to doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment