Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home PT

Since our insurance rolled over in the new year, I'm doing most of my PT at home.  For the first four weeks, PT includes passive range of motion exercises.  Last time I went to PT twice a week and hubby moved my arm the other days.  So this time, after being trained by my therapist, hubby is doing my PT every day and I am checking in with the professional once to twice a month. 

Hubby is doing great so far and my shoulder seems to be doing well.  I am taking it much easier this time around, letting it tighten, atrophy, and develop scar tissue like in a normal person.  Weird, I know.  But hopefully all these seemingly negative things will help protect it, from me, this second time around. 

Active assist range of motion exercises start on Monday, which will also be 4 weeks post op.  Only two more weeks in the sling.  And yes, I am counting the milliseconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment