Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nonsense

Tonight I took my 3rd spin class post op #2.  I worked so hard, I almost threw up.  I should try that in a race, I might win.  It was the longest class so far, 60 minutes, 21.5 miles.  Most of the classes at my silly new gym are only 45.  This class was hard .  Sad I know.  This is even tougher than when I started spinning after op #1.  I have never been so out of shape in my life!

And yes, that includes during my pregnancy.  I rode until just a few days before the boy was born and I was riding 1 to 2 hours per day, 6 days a week.  And seriously after delivery I lost almost 20 pounds immediately.  My first day back on the bike, when Jack was 12 days old, was amazing.  I felt so light and so fast.  Nine months of pregnancy is nothing compared to what is turning into 6 months of injury.

And I can't even imagine how much I weigh.  I haven't weighed myself in almost two month.  Hold on, let's see...

117lbs

That's kind of shocking.  Normal is 114ish.  I expected the scale to say 135.  I must have lost a lot of muscle and replaced it with this nice layer of softy mofty chubs.

I am so ready to be done!

10 more days in a sling

3.5 more weeks till I can start strength training

7.5 more weeks till I can ride

But who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment