Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mountain Spin

Yes, I'm blogging about a spin class, sad I know.  But it was the best spin class I've taken since moving to NC from CA over 5 years ago.  This guy was good from the start.  The bike's resistance ranges from 1-20.  He starts at a 10.  All the other moronic teachers start at a 1, no resistance at all on the fly wheel, totally unrealistic and useless.  His music was great, real rock music.  The great thing about spin classes is you don't have to play the silly chipmunked hip hop crap.  You can use a great variety of musics with different beats.  And he did, he actually followed the beat of the music.  Amazing!

I had a great workout and it was so fun.  Shy me actually went up to him after class to see if he rides.  Not on the road, mostly  he mountain bikes.  Duh!  His name is Wes and he teaches at Urban Active Fitness in Ballantyne alternating Saturday mornings and Monday nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment