Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not The Face!

Last Sunday kicked off the Charlotte Winter Bike Race Series.  Since I'm out till March, hubby decided he would take this opportunity to race while he'd not on baby duty.  Not having a mountain bike didn't seem to deter him.  So he used my step daughter's fully rigid Redline in a size too small for him.  And here's what happened:


He caught a bit too much air off a little lauch-able jump....and landed on his face.  Maybe this sport isn't good for our family??? Ya think?

Hubby started out the race in back and kept picking off a rider or two each lap.  You could tell he was having fun and doing well.  And then I stopped seeing him cross the start finish, and I started to wonder.  Mechanical for sure, it's a silly little bike.  But no it was a physical.  Bummer!

Now my son associates bike races with accidents and is scared to look at Papa.  Even so, as we were driving away, I told the boy we were heading home so Papa could get cleaned up.  Jack said, 'Jack go another bike race, a different bike race, a blue bike race!'

No comments:

Post a Comment