Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Picture



It doesn't look that bad, does it?  So cosmetically I think I could live with the bump.  It seems like the scars will stand out more than the bump.  I'm hoping that the droopy shoulder will get a little better once I rebuild some muscle.  But the loss of range of motion scares me the most.  The doc says it will return when the swelling goes down, and the pain subsides.  I'm still waiting.

I'll have PT Tuesday and Thursday next week and see the doc Friday.  I hope by then I'll be able to decide whether I should have surgery again.  I have lots of new questions for the doctor...

What's holding the bone in place now?  How strong is it?  What degree tear do I have now?  Which ligaments are holding the bone?  What condition is the rig in?

We'll see what he says and what he advices.

I'm trying to be good, so have been wearing my sling and sleeping in it again.  Instead of spinning classes or the step-mill, I have been relegated the recumbent bike for an hour each day.  None of this will matter if I have surgery again, but I'm still hoping for the best.

Hopes of riding again in 2010 seem to be slipping away.  Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment