Thursday, October 14, 2010

PT's Back on Track

I was so happy to see my normal PT lady today.  She was sad, I could tell.  She said she's always been worried about me.  I was healing too quickly, I had no pain, no fear, no tension, too much range of motion.  Her worst fears were realized.  I screwed up my surgery...

But even she was pleasantly surprised at my range of motion and lack of pain today.  Wait, is it happening again???  Feeling too good too soon.  It's so hard to remember I have this huge injury and strange device in my shoulder that's just holding on by less than a thread at this point!  Someone really needs to tie me down or something. 

The PT lady and I talked for a while going over my options, the new surgery, the insurance aspects of my decision.  She really wants to take a wait and see approach and hopes for a good result without further surgery.  She's also open to scheduling surgery that last week in December if things don't go well so there would be no further out of pocket costs. 

That's two months from now.  I feel like I've lost three weeks with my re-injury.  I can't lose eight more.  But I may not have a choice.  We'll see what the doc says tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment