Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wish I Had Started Earlier

No not blogging, ha....mountain biking.  Check out this sweet ride Custom Pro Trek Top Fuel.  It belongs to Emily Batty, a 21 y/o pro.  The one piece handle bar/stem really caught my eye.  And the thinner carbon frame matched to her weight is pretty awesome too.  I thought my thinner I9 spokes matched to my weight were cool, but this bike made me drool.

If the stars had aligned just a little differently, I could have started mountain biking earlier.  Hubby taught me to ride while we were in our 2nd round of dating in 2005.  But we met in 1987, when I was just 14.  He was a little older and started riding that year.  So if we had stayed together and not taken a lovely 17 year hiatus, I would have started riding when I was just a kid.  Screw UCLA and my stupid chemical engineering degree that really helps me change diapers now.  I could have been a pro mountain biker.  Well not really.

But when you're stuck on the recumbant bike for 90 minutes each day, your mind tends to wander.  Tomorrow night I'm going to venture back into a spinning class, with one arm of course.  I think I'm ready to try again.  Since the re-injury I haven't taken a day off the gym, but have stuck to the recumbant bike to be safe.  I know I'm a dork.  But I've got to do something.  I can't be buying new clothes!  Must save money for new bike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment