Friday, October 29, 2010

Pump It Up

No, not really.  But I did start my 'strengthening' portion of rehab with....2 pound weights!  Awesome, right?  My therapist said I shouldn't complain, she was supposed to start me with 1 pound.  Nice.  Anyway, even the little we did felt great.  I'm also doing rotator cuff exercises with a band.  And I can do my exercises twice a day.

So after PT yesterday, I went to the gym, rode the stepmill, and then lifted weights....ha ha.  Their smallest weight was 5 pounds, so I went with that.  I also did curls and tri's with 10 pounds.

Am I sore today, yes, good sore, not shoulder pain sore.  But last night I had some shooting pains at the outside of my shoulder.  I think that's what doc #3 warned me about.  So I'm going to keep track of these odd pains and keep pushing my shoulder like he told me.

I have to admit, something doesn't feel quite right.  My instinct after this one little work-out is to get the shoulder fixed right.  But I'm still keeping my mind open.  I have another month or so to work it out, physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment