Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Worst

Something terrible has happened.  I am writing it although I have told no one, other than hubby and my doctor, because honestly no one reads this.  Anyway...  I am pretty sure I have seperated my shoulder again.  Not sure how or when, but the bone is sticking up again, although not as high, the pain is severe, and my range of motion has been cut by more than half.

Last night when I figured this out I cried for an hour.  I can't believe this is happening.  And I really don't know what I did.  I was feeling great, weeks ahead in PT, and almost back to normal, although no riding of course.  I don't think it was my shuffle jog.  Walking into the wall at preschool may have done it.  Or perhaps just sleeping without the sling Thursday and Friday night.  But I was at four weeks, it was supposed to be okay. 

Friday morning I took Jack to the park and all went well.  Getting him into and out of the swing was tough.  But I didn't hear a pop or click, or feel any severe pain.  Saturday morning I took the usual spin class and then chaperoned my step-daughter on a date, ie. I shopped while she went to the movies.  Could I have injured my shoulder in the sale racks?

Hubby thinks I just overdid it in general.  But it's tough to be calm and take it easy with a strong willed 2 y/o.

Needless to say I am a mess.  The thought of starting over is beyond daunting.  But leaving my shoudler as it is would be worse.  All last week I was so excited for this Tuesday's check-up with the doc.  I couldn't wait to show him how I could lift my arm above my head.  Now I struggle to bring in below shoulder level.  This is bad, really bad.

I am going to see the doc tomorrow afternoon and forsee another surgery in my future.  And another four weeks to get to where I was a few days ago.  Mountain biking seems to be slipping away, and that's the least of my worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment