Saturday, October 9, 2010

Some Days...

...I really just wish I could put my hair back in a pony tail without my husband's help, put on my bra all by myself, get dresses alone, and roll around on the grass with my kid.  Those are lofty goals.

Today, just 30 minutes away, all my friends are racing in the Tree Shaker.  Some are on teams, some solo, some for 6 hours, some for 12.  Last year I think I won the 6 hour race, maybe, let me check....  Yup, I did.  I was also nursing at the time, so 6 hours was as long as I could go back then.  It was fun.  I love long races.  I was looking forward to this one again.  The temps are cooler, everyone is a little mellower in the fall.  Sigh.

So today, I wish I could do all those little things AND race.

My shoulder is feeling better.  The pain is subsiding or I'm getting used to it.  A tiny bit of range of motion is returning so I do see that glimmer of hope.  I'm still leaning towards not having surgery again, but keeping an open mind to what the doc says on Friday.  With almost $30k in medical bills for this accident, we have met our out of pocket max.  So if I do need to have surgery again, we have to do it before the end of the year. 

And, so I can race next year.

Good luck to all the Tree Shakers out there today.  I'm with you in spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment